SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Custom methods for OLEListView class

Some components of the application we are testing use the Visual Basic listview control (seen as class OLEListView by SilkTest). My problem is that none of the inherited methods from the class ListView seem to work. Specific examples are the Select and GetSelText methods. While I have created some "interesting" workarounds for this by defining my own custom methods, I was wondering if anyone else has created a custom class (complete with methods) to also work around this issue?

Also, if I am just doing something else wrong, and you think the builtin methods should work for me, then I am interested in suggestions. Thanks.

------------------
    Matt Gray
    Kofax Image Products
    Matt Gray

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Custom methods for OLEListView class

Two suggestions, depending on which is the appropriate way of getting such a control to work:
    - have you enabled the appropriate extension?
    or
    - have you mapped the class to ListView?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vincebowdren:
    Two suggestions, depending on which is the appropriate way of getting such a control to work:
    - have you enabled the appropriate extension?
    or
    - have you mapped the class to ListView?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, the application is configured correctly with the Extension Enabler. If it wasn't then SilkTest would not even recognize the OLEListView class.

Yes, the class OLEListView is mapped to ListView. When I try to execute ListView methods, I get the error "a ListView is expected".

------------------
    Matt Gray
    Kofax Image Products
    Matt Gray

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somtimes I have to record a new class in order to 'see' all of the functions in a control. You can record a class from the Silk menu option or in code with the capture class function. Depending on the options that have been set by the developers, the control can act differently. (For example, if a list view is used with the checkbox enabled, there is additional code that will need to be added in order to check the state of the box.) Once you have the class recorded you can then add your own processes.

------------------