Thread: file versions

AJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: file versions

Using SilkTest you cannot find out the date of the file easily. But if you download the File Information Functions (in the download area) that will enable you to at least verify the date of the file.

This works for NT and not 98/95 for some reason.

------------------
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

file versions

I would like to be able to get the file version number of an executable file after installation in order to verify that the correct version was installed. Does any one have any ideas??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You may try GetFileVersion in Betasoft Downloads. Sadly this does not always work. It depends on how your executable dll or versioned file was built. USU it works well in Windows environments esp wi VC++ built files.

No gaurantees but this is one of the few things I have contributed that people use, and tend to be happy with :-) (when it works)

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!
    Sincerely
    Richard Weth
    Sr. QA Engineer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by allenwa:
    Has anyone gotten this function to work on Win98/Win95. My agent pops up an IPF each time I try it. I'm going to write my own wrapper unless someone else has already found a solution to this problem. Thx..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you are referring to the GetFileVersion function I couldn't get that to work reliably. I went into the registry to get the file version. It works well and consistently. I can't remember how I did it off the top of my head but I do have the code at home on cd. e-mail me if you want it and I will look for it and send it to you. ancollins1@hotmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone gotten this function to work on Win98/Win95. My agent pops up an IPF each time I try it. I'm going to write my own wrapper unless someone else has already found a solution to this problem. Thx..