SPONSORS:






User Tag List

Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    750
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    BUG: Array size is limited in total content size

    I am using silk5.32/win2k.

    I have an array of ANYTYPE, but for now I only store strings in it.

    I have around 38 cells in my arrays. Today when I added 4 more cells(contain strings) silk says my array is not defined. So I did couple tests.

    Test1: Made my new strings smaller, it worked

    Test2: Made my new strings longer it failed

    Test3: Made no additional cells, but making existing strings longer it fails.

    If someone can confirm this or have an explanation thank you in advance.

    ------------------

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Westford, MA, USA
    Posts
    160
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: BUG: Array size is limited in total content size

    Could you post a simple code example? I'll run it on SilkTest 5.5 NT. The following code runs fine for me (these strings happen to be 128 chars in length):
    ------------------

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    27
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: BUG: Array size is limited in total content size

    I've had issues with nested arrays. This may be a completely different issue, but then again maybe it's related to what you're seeing. It's rather awkward to explain so I've attached the code that I sent to Segue to duplicate the problem. Hopefully the comments in the code explain it alright. If not, then let me know and I'll try to make it clearer. I found a workaround for my specific case and I don't know what the final resolution was with Segue - whether or not it has been passed on to Segue Developement team.

    ------------------

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    750
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: BUG: Array size is limited in total content size

    I just tested your array and it seems to work. I think I know where the problem is.

    I decalre my array like this:

    ARRAY[50] OF ANYTYPE myArray ={1,2,3,4,5}

    yours:

    ARRAY[50] OF ANYTYPE myArray ={...}
    1
    2
    3
    4
    5

    My way is limited in size not yours. I don't know why they would make such a mistake, but can any1 try it my way.


    ------------------

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Westford, MA, USA
    Posts
    160
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: BUG: Array size is limited in total content size

    I took my example and just made the one declaration syntax change you suggested and voila, I am now reproducing your error. Well, I guess you know how to get around it, at least.

    ------------------

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.9 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Questions / Answers Form provided by vBAnswers (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBNominatevBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Username Changing provided by Username Change (Free) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
BetaSoft Inc.
Digital Point modules: Sphinx-based search
All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:25 PM.

Copyright BetaSoft Inc.