User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Class Mapping a Java Applet control .. Blues

Hey Gang me again in JAVA HELL!

When I twiddle with th Silk Class MAP (frankly something I have not done much) and Map "javax.swing.JButton" to "BUTTON"

Then re-record .. the window I still get a Custom Window for the "javax.swing.JButton".
    Which kind of defeats the purpose of remapping the !@#$% control in the first place!

Any one out there get a similar problem? Is there a work around? Any one who likes testing java applets with Silk looking for a job!

(P.S my notes are funnier if you read them out loud in an ED BIGHEAD voice at aproximately 300 DB)

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!
    Sincerely
    Richard Weth
    Sr. QA Engineer

jb
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Class Mapping a Java Applet control .. Blues

Why do you need to class map this at all? If you have the classpath setup to use the SilkTest_Java2.jar file, then you should not need to do this. I think that your setup may be broken. Classmapping does not work (well) with Java apps...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with JB.

But i also remember that there was a special file/syntax for handling java classes, besides the normal class map. Now if i could only remember what it was...
    Bret Pettichord
    Book - www.testinglessons.com
    Hotlist - www.testinghotlist.com
    Consulting - www.pettichord.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Turns out you are both right. Our old pal "CLASSPATH" did me in (CLASSPATH kind of reminds me of Denis the menace .. big smile and a Ton O' Trouble .. "good ol'e Mr. Weth!")

Anyway I originally put in the right segue jar file for applets .. SilkTest_Java1.jar
    but the applet was built by a "swingin" kind of guy and I did not put in the sun extension for 1.1 namely swingall.jar.

Funny how the applet has NO problem finding it but Segue does. For the first Time I actually do NOT blame Segue for that!!

Also I noted that when I started Silk after an applet was loaded and tried to record the applet window it caused the applet to crash .. (anyone else notic that).

Well anyway I was able to see all the non-swinging controls (all two of them) and the rest were custom. When I did "plug in" swingall .. they magically appeared!

Thanks to all for your response .. I gotta admit when jb first responded I was a bit annoyed, but it turned out to be correct info.

Bret if you "remember what it was" post it. There could NEVER be enough information of Java and Silk (at least not from Segue). Actually Segue has some very good hints in thier FAQ sheet.

Anyway thank you one and all .. when I venture into JAVA HELL again I will write you a post card!

------------------
    "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!"
    Sincerely
    Richard Weth
    Sr. QA Engineer
    mailto:rick_weth@yahoo.com
    phone(408) 487-3846

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!
    Sincerely
    Richard Weth
    Sr. QA Engineer