User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*** Error: Script aborted by user

Hi All,

For some reason, when I run my test cases over night, the next day when I check the results file it displays "*** Error: Script aborted by user". However, no one has manually aborted it.

It does this after running a few test cases from my *.pln file.

Has anyone else come across this problem. It making it difficult to rely on Silk running over night.

------------------
    Who Tests The Tester...
    Who Tests The Tester...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: *** Error: Script aborted by user

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tsika:
    Hi All,

For some reason, when I run my test cases over night, the next day when I check the results file it displays "*** Error: Script aborted by user". However, no one has manually aborted it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you work near Ghost Town (California), it could be Casper
    Otherwise, check with your night shift cleaning crew as we never saw this error before unless somebody aborts the scripts that are running.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you abort the test case manually it displays "Script aborted by user". How, when I come in the next day, it displays "*** Error: Script aborted by user". It places the word "Error" in front.

------------------
    Who Tests The Tester...
    Who Tests The Tester...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

tsika,

Sounds like you are very sure that nobody is aborting your scripts at night (not you, not a co-worker, not the cleaning crew, not your network/system administrator, not even your screen saver).

Maybe you should run your tests during the day and watch while they are running to see exactly when and where it aborts by itself.
    ...just a suggestion...

------------------

I don't think anybody will suspend your tests for no reason, the chance is your scripts has an Error handling part, when it detects the fatal error during script execution, then it can simulate the user abort the tests:

i.e. Browser.TypeKeys(...Shift-Shift...)
    ** I can't put <> here, it will not show up, so pls check the correct syntax in silk

You can search the typekeys in your scripts and/or include files

Best Luck,

------------------
    RH

[This message has been edited by rhuo (edited 01-22-2002).]

[This message has been edited by rhuo (edited 01-22-2002).]