SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Test my pages on real WebTV system with WebTV browser

I want to test my pages on real WebTV system with WebTV browser, Can I use QAPartner or SilkTest, thanks ...

Re: Test my pages on real WebTV system with WebTV browser

The simple answer is No, you can't run QAP, Silk, or Visual Test on the WebTV platform.

You'll also have extremely limited success using those tools to verify the content of your web pages within the WebTV for Win98 browser running on a PC with the Win98 O/S.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I am thinking there might be a "maybe" to your question. SilkTest will not run on WebTV, so that is out. But, back a few months ago I had found a WebTV Browser "tester" that runs under Windows for testing how your web pages look on a WebTV. I think I got this on the WebTV site.

The program was a Windows based thing, so you might be able to script that.

Don't know if that made since, let me put it this way:
    1. Use Silk to control the Win WebTV browser (test platform)
    2. Have the Win WebTV point to your web site
    3. Do your testing.

I just looked, you can get the WebTV viewer at:
    http://developer.webtv.net/design/tools/viewer/

Remember, at the beginning I said this "might" work, I really have no idea if it will since I haven't tried using Silk with the WebTV viewer.

------------------
    David Genrich
    Icarian
    555 North Mathilda Ave
    Sunnyvale, CA 94086
    davidg@icarian.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried it. The Web TV viewer window is recognized as just one big control so you can't interact with any page elements.

This is a VERY nice manual testing tool though, and to be honest, most of the WebTV-only bugs you're going to find are going to be cosmetic and hard to detect in an automated environment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just so that you are aware, the WebTV viewer does not allow testing SSL. For that reason we are getting it installed in house.