SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem with \"GetRowChildren\"

I am having problems with something I am trying to do. What makes it worse is that it use to work.

I have a html page that has an html table on it. The table contains the returned results from a query to the database. The first column contains a checkbox or not based on the criteria in the last column.

What I wanted to do was a GetRowChildren on the first column and then act on it. If the checkbox is there and the Response State is right great if not register an error.

This all worked fine for me on Friday. I came in this morning and it no longer works. The only thought I have is that I was using SilkTest 5.0 at home working on the code this weekend and I use 5.5 (no sp1) at work.

I have included a zip file with an .inc file for the page, a .t file that just does a loop through the rows and prints the data and the contents of the LIST OF WINDOW that the GetRowChildren dumps the control into.
    Also included are 4 instances of the webpage.

I would really appreciate it if someone can run the code against the html pages to see if it works for them or if I am doing something wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Problem with \"GetRowChildren\"

Haven't looked at the code, but if you are using ST5.0 and ST5.5 you could very well be seeing different objects and the frame file may need to be updated. ST5.5 see more objects than 5.0 did due to enhancements in the DOM extension. Of course these enhancements could mean a little work for you to update what you have.

Another thing to check is the browser versions you were using. IE5 and IE5.5 render their objects differently enough to make declarations different on some sites. I recommend IE5.5 with SP2.

Another thing to try is adjusting the 'borderless table option' in the DOM extension dialog. There is a slider control in there that lets you adjust how much SilkTest will 'filter out' tables that don't have borders and tables used for formatting. By default this is set to .50. Try moving this up or down to see if it will match what you already have. I personally like turning it up so that I see all of the objects and then I worry about hiding or deleting out things out of my declarations later.

------------------
    James Soderborg
    http://www.ameliortech.com
    jamesso@ameliortech.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Problem with \"GetRowChildren\"

Thanks James, I was beginning to think no one cared.

You used to work at Segue didn't you...? or am I just in a continuing state of confusion?

Thank you for your suggestions. When I mentioned that I was using SilkTest 5.0 at home. I was really just using it as a "editor/compiler/checker" for code I was writing to use against the declarations I made with 5.5 on the SilkTest copy I have at work. I now have SP1 on the 5.5 silktest I have at work. (No improvement in the issue.)

As for IE we are stuck on 5.0 per our internal requirements for deployment for now. I expect that will change in the near future and I will most certainly have to face at least some changes in my declarations.

I will have to play with the borderless table option. I have never messed with it before but then again DOM for Silk has not been out all that long. I will let you know if that has any effect.

By the way, I "punted" this to Segue support with the same files that are attached here. They are seeing the same thing. They have no idea what the problem is.

"It worked for them once, and then never again!"

At least I have not completely lost it.

They have given me the work around suggestion of using GetChildren(). I think I can make that work. My scripts will have to be a little smarter using this method.

------------------