SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not able to get properties & methods of ActiveX class

I have enebled extenstion for Active-X control in VB application. My vb application is using TABCTRL32.OCX (Microsoft tabbed dialog control 6.0 (sp3)) Active-x control. In Silk test I have tried to record that class, but it does not shows methods and properties of that Active-x class.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Not able to get properties & methods of ActiveX class

First thing is to make sure the extensions are set in SilkTest and with the extension enabler. Then verify the application shows up in the Extensions\Details in the agent.

If you still can not see the class, try using the 'CaptureObjectClass' function in Silk.

There are some controls that Silk cannot see. In these cases you may have to record the class based on the CompoundControl and use the _GetCollectionProp functions.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pick up the dll for this guy in extensions and check on awindow whetehr thus extension is enabled or not by right mouse click on agent window and selecting Extensions

------------------
    Sree
    Sree

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi
    we are facing the same problem.
    I have used all the possiblities.
    When used the metods in CompoundControl,
    i got an error.
    pl., tell me the way to use those methods, so that i can identify the objects.

waiting for u r reply.

Venuachary
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tlvranas:
    First thing is to make sure the extensions are set in SilkTest and with the extension enabler. Then verify the application shows up in the Extensions\Details in the agent.

If you still can not see the class, try using the 'CaptureObjectClass' function in Silk.

There are some controls that Silk cannot see. In these cases you may have to record the class based on the CompoundControl and use the _GetCollectionProp functions.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------