SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Class mapping: Standard to Custom

We have created several classes that are derived from basic Silk control classes. For example, we created a extPushButton class that derives from PushButton.

I want to be able to create class mappings so that when I record window declarations, they are recorded using the derived classes instead of the standard ones (extPushButton instead of PushButton). I have created a class map, but this does not seem to do the trick.

Has anyone made this work? Does Silk support mapping Standard controls to custom?

Does anyone have any better ideas? (I do not want to override the PushButton class itself--I would strongly prefer to use derived classes.)

I am using Silk 5.0.3.2, if it makes a difference.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Class mapping: Standard to Custom

There are two ways that I do this. First, if the added functions you created in the extpushbutton you want to use for all pushbuttons, then you can create the class this way:

winclass Pushbutton : Pushbutton
    Function()
    Code

This will take the function you enter in the class and add them to the standard Pushbutton class.

Second way, if only a few buttons needs this is to change the type in the window dec by hand or with search and replace.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. As stated above, I really don't want to override the classes themselves, so, it looks like search and replace.

We contacted Segue and they said there was no way to make the window recorder recognize PushButton as extPushButton.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could put the class map in the tag statement of your custom class:

But then Record - Window Declarations will report back the extPushbutton class for *all* push buttons, not just selected ones. I'm not sure if that's what you want. Still, since your custom class is not called PushButton, you're not really overriding the 4Test class. You can still use the scope resolution operator to hop up the inheritance tree and get to any method of the original PushButton class. Example:

Don't know if that's what you're going for.
    AG

------------------

[This message has been edited by agroves (edited 01-02-2002).]

[This message has been edited by agroves (edited 01-02-2002).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. That may prove to be very helpful.

Nathan

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with segue, you can not recognize the standard push button as ExtPushButton. By doing so the whole sence is lost.

Second you can not use custom functions on standard controls by simply mapping them. U need to write the code for that

------------------
    Sree
    Sree