KS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IE 5.5 MessageBox/Crash

During automation I am consistantly encountering an IE error saying
    "Microsoft IE has encounter a problem and need to close. Sorry for inconvenience" it has two push button to push 'Send the error report' 'Don't Send'.
    Has anyone seen this issue. Automation just waits when it comes up and user has to manually click i.e.'Don't Send' button and IE shuts down and automation can continue. It is showing up even on IE6.0 all paltforms.
    Please help. (I tried handling the message box within silk but it doesn't get to that point)

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: IE 5.5 MessageBox/Crash

Yes, I have this same problem (search the forum here). I had it occur when a new window was launched, and then passed data back to the first window. When the new window was closed, the error occured.

In my case, the first window was just a login page. So, using Browser.CloseOthers() to close that page solved my problem.

------------------
    David Genrich
    david@e2Open.com
    david_kim@usa.net

KS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have discovered that setting the Fault trapping opion ON solves all the IE crash problems. Whenever there is an access violation error or IE about to crash Silktest take control shuts down IE and move on to the next test case.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have same problem when trying to select item from popup list. Logged issue with Segue few weeks ago, but no answer yet. (Fault trapping not on.)

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried putting Fault Trapping on (for IE 5.5 DOM under win2k). Segue has a note saying to only turn Fault Trapping on as a last resort.

Anyway, with fault Trapping on, IE 5.5 crashed even more frequently and SilkTest still didn't handle the IE Error Reporting dialog (Note: when this happens, IE locks up, so it also locks up the agent).

So far, the best I have found that works for me is to close the login page that I have after the main browser window opens using the Browser.CloseOthers() method.

------------------
    David Genrich
    david@e2Open.com
    david_kim@usa.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have also been getting the same problem
    on IE 5.5 sp2.

I am running a test plan with testcases.And i get the error when one testcase ends
    and the next testcase starts.In the next test case i am reusing the existing browser window.

I changed the script to close the browser window using Bowser.TypeKeys("<Alt-F4>")And open a new browser window for the next testcase.

This works for me and does not give me the Internal agent error.So i guess this is some memory leak problem on IE .

But Opening a new Browser window for each testcase makes the scripts unstable.I have seen
    that sometimes randomly while opening a new window ,favourites on the IE menubar gets clicked ,and the testcase aborts .
    This does not happen always .Any pointers
    why this is happenning

But yes the best Solution for me that works is closing all the existing browser windows

Cheers,
    Sandeep

------------------