SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SilkTest can not see tables in Java-application.

I'm testing Java-application. SilkTest can see almost every control in it. But Silk sees tables in it only during recording classes:

winclass ComSchwabEbtClientWidgetTableTable : AnyWin

After recording classes and unchecking "Show all methods" and "Show all classes" SilkTest does not see tables at all.

Can anybody help me with this problem?

Best regards.
    Tanya

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: SilkTest can not see tables in Java-application.

You have a custom object.

You need to add that object to your JAVAEX.ini. Check this board and the ONLINE help for the exact instructions. Just do a search for javaex.ini in online help and it should be enough.

Hope this is enough to get you going quickly, if you have troubles come back and we can help.

Anthony

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tanya,

When you are recording the class, check the show all classes and show all methods checkboxes. Record the class and save it to your include file. Then uncheck both checkboxes and record window declarations with that class as part of your include file. If that still does not work for you, then add the class to the bottom of your javaex.ini file. This will force Silk to interrogate that class.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your advise.

Adding the object to javaex.ini helped to see the object.

But there is another problem with it now. I save it in my include file as a Table. But either standard methods for Table class nor custom methods (recorded with it in include file) can not help me to read text from the table.

What can you advise in this case?

Best regards.
    Tanya

P.S. To DJGray: Thanks for your help in mail! (I write it here as I can not write to you in mail - my letters come back with error.)

------------------