User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vali/Test Pro methodology

Can any one Explain me what is meant by
    Vali/Test Pro methodology, I have been working as Software QA for few years but don't know what exactly is Vali/Test Pro methodology.

Can anyone give me more info or any Documentation or any URL's where I can find on the web..Please help this is most ****** for me... Thanks in Advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Vali/Test Pro methodology

Long recognised as the most comprehensive approach to the testing of custom developed or package-based software, VALI/TEST Pro covers all phases of the software life cycle. It is a Windows based hypertext tool, which is also available in book form.

VALI/TEST Pro, is the foundation of a range of testing services. This online methodology tool provides the most comprehensive approach to software testing and is the foundation of a range of testing services including: testing process assessment, testing, testing strategy and planning, user acceptance testing, testing process implementation, testing for the year 2000, and test project management.

------------------

[This message has been edited by mansri (edited 12-12-2001).]

Whoa -- that's a load of sales speak.
    I have seen a lot of cr*p in this industry disguised with words like
    "comprehensive", "foundation", "methodology", "process", etc, etc.

About the only part I understood was: "It is a Windows based hypertext tool"
    Didn't the buzz word "hypertext" die in about 1994 ?
    Doesn't it now mean "Web browser" ?

I am interested in this too -- but an answer in regular english please !

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got this information somewhere long time. I never used this tool. It’s just to understand what’s ‘Vali/Test Pro methodology’ .

------------------

I was curious -- so I looked it up with Google.

The methodology that you refer to is a proprietary invention of "Spherion, Inc." -- previously known as "Interim Technology" -- before that "Computer Power Group" -- and before that "Applied Information Development".

They are a notorious headhunting and consulting services company that operates worldwide. This explains the sales speak. From my contact with them, I have the impression that the company is nothing more that a lot of smart lawyers and slick salespeople.

I have never seen anything of any real technical consequence come from them.
    This includes their "testing methodology" which I have heard of -- I just forgot what it was called.
    I guess that's why they keep changing their name ...

------------------

[This message has been edited by NoGod (edited 12-13-2001).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vali/Test Pro methodology is a comprehensive knowledge base of Quality Assurance methodology.
    Anyone can use it as main guideline for all high level and low level QA effort. From my experience people who are familiar with Vali/Test Pro are more successful as QA and much smarter in organizing their software testing efforts.

------------------