User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

problem testing Swing Application

Hi,
    I have a Swing application running on JDK1.3.1. I read the enabling Java support for silk and according modified my classpath and extensions. but still silk doesn't recogize my swing application controls. It identifies the main application window as DialogBox. It doesnot identify the Menu items or anything. Just to make sure that i have enabled the Java support with silk, i ran the sample java application thats distributed with silk and when i move the mouse over different controls in the application, the recorder identifies them as JFC controls, but with my SWING application, no controls r recognized. any windows in my application are recognized as DialogBox.

I went through the previous topic about running the Java application with silk, but it didn't help.
    Can anybody please tell me, how can i test my application....
    I am also unable to test the shortcuts in my application. for instance, i have ALT-F for file Menu. my scripts right now says DialogBox("MyApp").TypeKeys("<ALT-f>"). but this doesnt go to the file Menu.

i have been scratching my head for this. can anyone tell me what do i need to do...

thanx in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: problem testing Swing Application

i m still not able to test the short cuts in my application MenuBar. any suggestions!!!!

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i m now able to c the swing controls in my application by putting the .jar file into my applications lib directory.

thanx

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To diagnose the problem, you need to provide more information. For starters, post here your frame file code that invokes your app. Silk identifies the java app as JavaMainWin, if you are not getting this, you have a basic configuration issues.

------------------
    -Lev Aks
    lev_aks@in-nyc.com

VM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Put the SilkTest_Java2.jar in the ~\Program Files\JavaSoft\JRE\1.3\lib\ext directory.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the reply, i got it working...

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, Guys..... read all and did the exact settings as mentioned earlier, but I am not able to recognise the swing app till now...

mvaidya, can you help me in this..... if you can tell me how exactly you got this, even I will try in the same manner..

TIA

Sridhar
    Cheers,
    Solution Provider

http://searchcode.tm-sol.com
    Post and find code for quite a lot of problems.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,
    I was using SilkTest 5.x. My swing app had a JRE bundled. here r the steps i followed to get it working.

1. Add C:\Program Files\Segue\SilkTest\JavaEx\SilkTest_Java2.jar to your classpath.
    2. Copy SilkTest_Java2.jar to &lt;myAppHome&gt;\jre\lib
    3. Go to Programs -&gt; Silk Test-&gt; Extension Enabler, disable all the checkboxes.
    4. In Extension Enabler Dialog, Click “New”, and browse and select ur app's exe say &lt;urapp&gt;.exe This will add &lt;urapp&gt;.exe to Extension Enabler dialog.
    5. Select Java Column of Java Application and &lt;urapp&gt;.exe. Leave “None” in the Primary extension column of Java Application and &lt;urapp&gt;.exe
    6. Start Silk. Go to Options-&gt;Extensions. This will bring up Extension Enabler Dialog. Add &lt;urapp&gt;.exe as in Step 4 and Enable Java Column of Java Application and &lt;urapp&gt;.exe. Close Silk.
    8. Start Your application
    9. Start Silk.