User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dealing with Blob

Hi
    I have to retreive a field from database which of datatype Blob(huge content),when i send this to Segue technical support they say Silk is helpless cannot handle Bolb,is there anyway i can find solution like writing stored procedure....
    Thanks
    sri

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Dealing with Blob

I am not sure if you are uing an Oracle database, like I am. I am also not familiar with the Blob datatype.

But I have run into a similar problem with other datatypes that could not be accessed correctly using SilkTest's DB functions.
    SilkTest's DB functions are mostly limited by the capabilities of the ODBC driver that you are using.

One thing you can try is to change the ODBC driver. I have found that Oracle driver works with more datatypes, but is much slower than the Microsoft driver.

Another thing you can try is to use Oracle SQLPlus to access your data. Can you access your Blob data with SQLPlus ?

If so, you can always script SQLPlus with SilkTest to get the data you need.
    This is rather difficult and it adds another layer of fragility to your testware, however.
    It is a technique that should only to be used as a last resort for a critical test.

------------------
    Rob Kapteyn

[This message has been edited by RobKapteyn (edited 12-07-2001).]
    Rob Kapteyn, CSTE
    RobKapteyn@gmail.com