SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SilkTest5.0 and HTML Links

SilkTest5.0 does not understand Htmllinks which are not underlined. It identifies as HTMLHeading and I am unable to Click on the link. Can anybody help me with this .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: SilkTest5.0 and HTML Links

You should change your browser settings so that HTML links are shown underlined. This is one of the Silk's requirements.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silktest will recognise links that are not underlined, at leat that has been my expirience with Silk 5.0 and IE 4.01 and IE 5. Im' not sure about netscape.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you say change browser settings, do I have to change settings in Netscape or in Silktest. Please advice...

AJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's the answer...

Why do you need the HtmlLinks to appear as HtmlLinks? Is it a must?, if your browser is indeed setup to remove underlines from links, then change the setup back. Else you can still use the same methods on HtmlHeading as HtmlLinks. They inherit almost the same methods. You can click an HtmlHeading just like an HtmlLink. The only method I can think of which you won't have with HtmlHeading is GetLocation (basically the URL) That one you can forge if you need to. By adding an extra method to the HtmlHeading class (declare the class and add the method to it)

and PS. Dimple: if you register you can enable more features, like posting to email lists and news groups, as well as getting notified if somebody replies to your question.

Good luck.

------------------
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)