SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lost INC File ( Need Help Converting INO to INC)

Hi I am Currently Working On Silk test. And Yester day our Server crashed and we have lost the entire file, but I was able to recover all of them except couple of them
    Now my question is

I have Object Files (INO) for those INC files, I cannot recover. how can I convert INO back in To INC so I can again modify and use as usual

Any help will be great
    Thanks

------------------
    Jakaro
    Jakaro

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Lost INC File ( Need Help Converting INO to INC)

I don't know about the .ino file but, if you can find the .in_ then you should be able to get your lost .inc minus the changes you made prior to the system crash.

(I do recommend you backup your files regularly though - to avoid losing anymore files in the future!)

Just want to add that "system crashes" are common in QA but, I have never lost .inc or any of my SilkTest files when it(crash) happens.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Gilbert (edited 12-03-2001).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for you suggestion but
    the files which are lost is centerly located
    and backed up every month.
    But i made lot of changes due to new relese
    this week .
    so still any one can help me that will be great. also If i would be able to recover .IN_ file i would have never posted hear asking for help

------------------
    Jakaro
    Jakaro

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sorry, I should have known that you also lost your .in_ files and that you know how to recover from these files.
    Ahh..so your files are getting backup monthly, that's great! You must have a very reliable Server, very small hard drives in your local PCs, and not many available floppies or blank CDs. You are very Brave!
    If I forgot to back up my test files for a day or two, I panic already.

Sorry, I wasn't any help on your .INO files. Maybe you can try Segue's Customer Support?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.INO files are combiled files. As far as I know, there is no decombiler for 4Test. You can still use the INO files to do testing with, but you can't get to the code within.

------------------
    David Genrich
    david@e2Open.com
    david_kim@usa.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jakaro,

Aside from the biting sarcasm served up by Gil, he is absolutely correct, (and you did kind of snap at someone who was trying to help you). Although the more immediate issue is the recovery of a month's lost work, the deeper need is for you to convince your CM group to do nightly backups. You might want to contact Segue and see if they have a way to decompile their ino files.

A common practice is to do nightly backups of any deltas in the archived code (including test code) and weekly full backups. I habitually keep a local backup of my own work. At any given time, there are four places I can go to recover my work if anything happens.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all;
    If any of you think I snapped at Gilbert
    I am sorry about that.
    But The Place I am working for is paranoid about security. But they lack on lot of other things like baking up file giving the tester a bigger hard drive or for that matter access to manufacture class CD burner (Which They have). They already manage to get me one File Back I am Now Only Need Help with One More File
    I all ready contacted Segue They Are Working On it And They Promise To give me Result (success or failure) By tomorrow.

So my question is still Standing
    Does any one Knows a Way To convert .INO to INC?

------------------
    Jakaro
    Jakaro

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Segue is your only hope for getting an .inc out of a .ino, I'm afraid.

I looked at the binary of the .ino a while back.... Ferget it. I mean, it's probably possible to figure out what the original ASCII was, but I don't know that it's worth the time. You could probably recreate all of your work in the time it'd take to decipher the binary.

See if your MIS department will flip for a box of floppies so you can do your own backups with WinZip.

Also might want to ask them if losing a month's worth of development's work is acceptable? You are, after all, a developer.

- Dave

------------------
    Amelior Technology
    dreed@ameliortech.com
    WaltzingRhino.com
    A concerned Borland customer, a fly in the ointment, a wrench in the works.