SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can CustomWin \"OGrid\" be mapped to a different class?

Hi,

I've discovered that SilkTest has a hard time handling the CustomWin "OGrid". I'm testing an app that utilizes a dropdown menu/list of items from which a user must make a selection, and I have tried (unsuccessfully) to map this CustomWin to a different class such as ComboBox, PopupList, ListBox, Ignore, etc. However, the functions and methods normally associated with these classes do not produce the desired results when the testcase runs.

Is anyone else familiar with this class of CustomWin, and if so, have you had any luck mapping it to a different class?

thanks.

------------------
    jeh
    jehill1@aep.com
    jake

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Can CustomWin \"OGrid\" be mapped to a different class?

I am not sure what an OGrid is exactly.

Did you try turning on the ActiveX extension ?

This does amazing things with many Grid controls. (although it does have a lot of bugs too)

------------------
    Rob Kapteyn
    Rob Kapteyn, CSTE
    RobKapteyn@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we're in the same boat then. I'm not that familiar with OGrids either. The app I'm testing is a stand-alone VB app directly dependent on an Access2000 database. I turned on the ActiveX Extension, but there's no executable to add to the list. To open the app I simply 2x-click a shortcut of it from Windows Explorer, Access opens and the shortcut is modified to bypass the login window(s). Users interface with the application via a "Main Menu" which is effectively the working VB application. This is where the OGrid(s) are located.

Instead of adding the database shorcut which opens the app, do you think it would be wise to add the MSaccess.exe instead? seems like that would validate the ActiveX controls in Silk. ??

------------------
    jeh
    jehill1@aep.com
    jake

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it is a VB app -- then you MUST turn on the ActiveX extension (VB controls ARE ActiveX controls). The MSACCESS exe is not the right one. There must be an exe running somewhere -- even if it is hidden. Either ask your developers, or use the Task Manager to compare what is running on your machine both before and after you start your program.

------------------
    Rob Kapteyn
    Rob Kapteyn, CSTE
    RobKapteyn@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rob,

my latest reply got a little wordy, so I've attached a .txt file for you to read. I was having trouble posting it which is why I took this route.

see attachment.

------------------
    jeh
    jake

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rob, I managed to successfully circumvent the problem. Nonetheless, the problem with Silk not handling the customwin properly still exists.

Instead of using the OGrid (ComboBox), I simply deleted the window declaration that included the OGrid, then used the tried and true TypeKeys function in the 'CustomWin OKttbx' textfield to acheive the desired result.

do you know if this problem might exist in later versions of Silk? I'm considering upgrading from 5.0.2.

thanks for your help

jason

------------------
    jeh
    jake