SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Checking if a Child Window appears (MDI\'s).

Hi All,

I'm testing a windows application that contains 3 MDI's (multi-document interfaces). Silk declares them as child windows, as it picks it up as a dialog box.

I have just written a testcase that tests if these child windows appear in the application. I'm using the function Exists (). After I run the testcase, it displays that it has passed. When I check it manually, one of the child windows fails to appear, even though silk has passed it.

This has been driving me crazy!

I have also check to see if maybe it is hidden behind other windows, but it isn't.

Is there another function other than Exists () that I can use to determine if the child window appears.

I have also tried to use IsEnabled (), SetActive (), and IsVisible (). Nothing works.

Thanks...

------------------
    Who Tests The Tester...
    Who Tests The Tester...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Checking if a Child Window appears (MDI\'s).

Hi,
    I guess you should try maximizing the child window and than take the state of the window by 'GetState()' method.Also refer to the Help in Silk about MDI windows.

shalini

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If silktest is reporting the window as existing, enabled etc. then it is possibly mistaking one of the other child windows for the one you're intending it to check for.
    How to check if it is doing this: use the GetCaption() method to print out the caption of the window - that way you know which one silktest was looking at.
    To avoid such problems, you will probably need to change your tags to be completely unambiguous. There is much advice in the silktest manual (under MultiTags) and in these forums about how to get your tags right.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tsika,
    try the method GetNextCloseWindow()
    john yu

------------------