SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to replace these co-ordinates Click(Click (1, 580, 219)

[ ] MainWin("xyz..........*).ChildWin("djk......*").Cu stomWin("[Shell Embedding]#2|$02]").CustomWin("[Shell DocObject View]#1|$0").CustomWin("[Internet Explorer_Server]#1|$0").Click (1, 580, 219)

I have to select 5 different windows on the tools bar but when I try to get actions I get the above Auctions recorder on .t file.
    These co-ordinates only work for system only.when I try to run this .t file, if the moniter is big the mouse co-ordinates.I want to replace Click (1, 580, 219) with Click ().

1.Please help me how can I get rid of these mouse co-ordniates.

2. I need to develop 5 different testcases for 5 different icons on the toolbar, so I need to identify each icon without mouse co-ordinates.My code should be free without co-ordinates because If I used this .t file and run on other machine the .t file breaks b'coz of change in mouse co-ordinates.

Environment: My application is VB applications embedded with Internet exployer5 and I added .exe file in the extension file.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: How to replace these co-ordinates Click(Click (1, 580, 219)

First I would get the window declarations recorded so you do not have all of the tag's in your script. This will allow you to have one or more unique tags for the objects.

Then I would class map the custom objects to a known SilkTest object.

Then you can refernece the objects and not have to worry about the positional clicks.

MikeF

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: How to replace these co-ordinates Click(Click (1, 580, 219)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MikeF:
    [B]First I would get the window declarations recorded so you do not have all of the tag's in your script. This will allow you to have one or more unique tags for the objects.

Then I would class map the custom objects to a known SilkTest object.

Then you can refernece the objects and not have to worry about the positional clicks.

MikeF
    ------------------------------------------
    Thanks Mike..Here are the window declerations for the window in .inc file

[-] window DialogBox XYZ4
    [ ] tag "JQK4.O"
    [-] CustomWin Toolbar20WndClass1
    [ ] msw tag "[Toolbar20WndClass]$0"
    [-] CustomWin Msvb_lib_toolbar1
    [ ] msw tag "[msvb_lib_toolbar]$0"
    [ ]

Can you please tell me what i have to do and also please let me know which custom objects I should class map to ??,Thanks for your help in advance.

------------------