Thread: SilkTest 5.5

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SilkTest 5.5

Hey there,

Has anyone tried Silk Test version 5.5? They have extremely painful way of downloading it. I have not seen anyone before trying to impose such strict licensing measures. I don' mind to pay for it, however, I don't want to spend hours (or days) installing it and getting it to work just to find out that it still has bunch of problems.

Thanks,
    Roman

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: SilkTest 5.5

SilkTest 5.5 does have a stricter licensing structure, however I did not find it to be cumbersome to use. Most single-user licenses install the license manager on the same machine and everything work fine.

If you have any experience with Unix and flexlm, you will find it very simple.

-Zareh

------------------
    Amelior Technology
    zarehk@ameliortech.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once the 5.5 installation is completed (it took 1.5 days for us) we have not found any significant problems that would require us to go back to 5.0.3.2.
    We are using it on Win98 and 2K using both Netscape and IE.
    THe IE DOM seems to work better on our Win2K system while the Netscape (VO) based web testing performs better on our Win98 systems.

(We are using HF4)

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply. How has SilkTest 5.5 has been working for you compare to 5.0.3? Is it worth switching?

Thanks,
    Roman

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have many test cases created using Silk 5.03. If I install Silk 5.5 that uses IE DOM will I be able to reuse them or will I have to go thru major maintenance effort to get them to work?

Thanks,
    Roman

------------------