User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to test Java application

Hello
    I'm testing Java application. (also I suspect it's swing object)
    I set CLASSPATH and JDKHOME, so that sample applications for SilkTest work now, and SilkTest can recognize everything in them.
    Also I checked in Options/Extensions... Java checkbox.
    But SilkTest still can't see anything inside program I'm testing. It sees only its main window as JavaMainWin.
    What can you advise me to make silkTest see buttons, pop-up lists etc in this program.

Best regards

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: How to test Java application

Tatiana,

email me at damongray@home.nospam.com, removing the nospam. Let's work through this offline. You should be able to do the things you are trying to do.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has very well explained in the online help file which comes with silk test.
    Writing the complete solutions for the problem raised will be an uphill task. Better you tefer the help file. Its beautifully explained out there.
    Rgds,
    Avnish Kumar,
    Executive SQA
    Opus Software,
    Pune,India.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, but no matter how hard I tried to apply its advises I didn't get much result((

Tanya

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could you outline the steps that you have tried already, from reading Segue's doc? We can't help you without more specifics. How are you launching the application? Which of Segue's .jar files are you pointing to? Are these "ignored" Java objects? That's just for starters. We can probably help you, but we'll need the whole story first.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We really need more information, but I will venture a guess anyway ...

Your Java application might be launched with a batch file that clears the environment variables that you have set. If so, you need to edit the developer's batch file to add SilkTest_Java2.jar back into the classpath.

------------------
    Rob Kapteyn
    Rob Kapteyn, CSTE
    RobKapteyn@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rob,

Tanya and I were working this one offline for a while. It is a java application and she is running with a VM at the 1.2.2 level. Since that is the case, the Segue jar file can be placed in the ..\lib\ext folder. Whatever is there will be picked up by the VM regardless of what the application does to the classpath. After working through as much as I could with this issue, I'm convinced that the Segue jar file is not being referenced. The classic symptom is when Silk knows there is a Java window there, but cannot see anything in/on it. That's exactly what Tanya is seeing.

------------------