SPONSORS:






User Tag List

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    69
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Browser.GetActive() returning \'BrowserPage\'

    Hi,


    I am trying to use Browser.GetActive() to return some additional info to my results file but everytime I get a result of 'BrowserPage' instead of the window identifier declared in my frame. The page I am trying to Get is declared in my frame. Actually, its the home page which I have identified as 'FooHomePage' in my Frame

    One note, when I use the window identifiers tool and place my cursor over parts of the page I do notice it recognizing it as 'Browser Page' instead of the 'FooHomePage'. This only happens in certain parts of the page. When placing the cursor over objects and what not I do get 'FooHomePage.UserName' etc....

    Any Ideas on how to get Browser.GetActive() to return the window identifier instead of 'BrowserPage' ?

    ------------------

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    93
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Browser.GetActive() returning \'BrowserPage\'

    This is to do with the tags for the BrowserChild. If the page that is loaded has a name (ie a caption is available when you record window declarations) then SilkTest will recognise it correctly.

    The fact that SilkTest does not recognise your page until you point to child suggests that there is a problem with your tags.

    What are your window declarations for FooHomePage?

    Paul

    ------------------
    Paul Tucker
    Merit AT
    www.merit-at.com

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Bellingham, WA USA
    Posts
    1,323
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Browser.GetActive() returning \'BrowserPage\'

    In addition to what PTuck said, what exactly are you trying to get in your results output by setting this page active?

    ------------------

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Elizabeth, CO, USA
    Posts
    653
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Browser.GetActive() returning \'BrowserPage\'

    Additionally, check your runtime options. If you have explorer.inc (or netscape.inc) declared in your Use Files before your frame file, you'll get the generic BrowserPage for the page but the actual page if you look at child objects.

    Do a Record Window Identifiers and move the mouse over the page and then a child object. If you get BrowserPage over the page and MyPage.Object over an object, reverse the UseFiles statements and you should be fine.

    - Dave


    ------------------
    Amelior Technology
    dreed@ameliortech.com

    [This message has been edited by dcreed (edited 11-15-2001).]
    WaltzingRhino.com
    A concerned Borland customer, a fly in the ointment, a wrench in the works.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    69
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Browser.GetActive() returning \'BrowserPage\'

    Thanks Dave! This solved the problem.

    As for why I need to do this, I want to record which page I get to after clicking a link or object. I have an expected page name that I read in from an Excel spread sheet. If I don't get the expected page I need to report which page I got to. I also included the URL in the error report in case I have do not have the page recorded in my frame.

    Anyway, thanks for the input.

    ------------------

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Browser.GetActive() returning \'BrowserPage\'

    I am having (what I think is) a similiar problem when I run my scripts. The scripts are now breaking on the verification process, which is looking for MyPage.Object. But when I do a Window Identifier, I get only BrowserPage.Object. I tried the reversal in Runtime, but that didn't help. Any other ideas for me? What kinds of problems should I look for in the tags?

    ------------------

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.9 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Questions / Answers Form provided by vBAnswers (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBNominatevBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Username Changing provided by Username Change (Free) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
BetaSoft Inc.
Digital Point modules: Sphinx-based search
All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:24 AM.

Copyright BetaSoft Inc.