I am in the process of evaluating Silktest.
It seems to work on all the sample applications, however when I am going through the windows declaration phase I notice that the objects inside the windows are not being picked up.
Silktest manages to pick up the MenuItems of the 'applet' menu ('reload' 'clone' etc), and
some strange MessageBox objects ('Yes','No','OK','Cancel')
I have checked the classpath in the .inc file
and it is using the correct jar file supplied by Silktest. This jar file (I forget its exact name, is in the lib/ext of the JRE)
Also I have checked the 'Java' option in
Extension Enabler and unchecked everything else.
Obviously, I am doing something stupid, the question being, what...?!
There are few steps involved in getting SilkTest towork with Java. Firstly, although you may have gone through the setup steps, is SilkTest actually able to see Java controls. I normally check this by looking at the window declarations of the sample applications provided with SilkTest. If you cannot see all the menu items then the setup is not correct.
Once the setup is correct, make sure that SilkTest is aware of the Applet viewer you are using is available to SilkTest. Check in the extend.ini file to see if the viewer with the same name as yours exists. If not, add the executable to the Extension Enabler and options extensions and select Java for it.
Finally, check that the file used to start your applet does not overwrite the classpath. If it uses its own classpath enter the SilkTest jar file in the classpath in this file.