SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Conditional Compilation

I want to conditionally include files into Silk.
    When i choose default browser as IE i want my IE file-tree to be included and when i choose Netscape , want my netscape file-tree(meaning netscape specific win-decl, functions etc) to be included.

But problem with use keyword is that it expects compile-time constant. thats ok, but is there any way to get around this? trie defining compile-constants in the Runtime options dialog (sounds crazy ), that didnt work either.

Also tried using keywords explorer, netscape, but all these r not evaluated at compile time!!!!

Could anyone help me with this? i tried searching the online help, thats not so useful.

Aroon

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Conditional Compilation

if you are using Organizer (plan files) you can change optionsets on the fly using the optionset statement. You could have 2 optionsets, 1 with IE as the default browser and a specific list of includes and a 2nd for Netscape.

------------------

I just started looking at the help for this, there is a help topic for "conditional compilation". It actually describes exactly what you are asking for, but it does require you to change the value of the compiler constant before you compile. Seems no more useful than just having 2 optionsets that have unique include lists, like what I suggested above. I don't think you can add logic to it, like if defaultbroser == IE myconst = IE_INCLUDE. I'm interested to see if anyone has better insight for you.

[This message has been edited by BrianCarroll (edited 11-11-2001).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aroon,

This ca be done using BROWSERTYPEs. In the frame file you can put netscape6_DOM, explorer, etc in front of any sections that you want to compile conditionally. You then need to make sure that all the browsers you have defined are enabled in options --> extensions, then in the Runtime options select the target browser for a praticular test run in the Default Browser field.

Hope this helps,

Paul

------------------
    Paul Tucker
    Merit AT
    www.merit-at.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Conditional compilation might be error prone.
    I have the same scenario as you but i have a single include file(for ne475, ie5, ie5.5). Probably u might need to do some work in the include file but it is worth it. Maintenance is easier.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Sandeep (edited 11-12-2001).]