User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5.5 - Application Failed to initialize properly

Hi -

I have recently upgraded from Windows NT to Windows 2000. I installed SilkTest 5.5 and had no problems running it. However, I run a set of testscripts overnight so I log off as "me" and logon as a generic user on the SAME machine to run the scripts (for security reasons). When I try to launch SilkTest 5.5 now as the generic user, I get a message "Application failed to initialize properly (0xC0000022)." I did not have this problem previously with Windows NT. Has anyone else seen this? Or does anyone know why installing SilkTest 5.5 in Windows 2000 with one userid is now completely unaccessible when I log in with a different uid? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Sandy

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 5.5 - Application Failed to initialize properly

Hi --

I talked to Segue and any generic user id still has to have slightly more rights than just guest rights. My generic user id did not have any rights, therefore, I was unable to launch SilkTest 5.5. Other apps work fine, this is how SilkTest 5.5 is set up.

So, if anyone else has this problem...check permissions for the generic user id.

Sandy :-)

------------------