User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unable to Record Window Decs in Netscape 6

Hi,

I'm running Silktest 5.5 SP1 on Windows 2000. When trying to simply record a window declaration in Netscape 6, I receive an error popup which states the following:

"QAP_CAll:netscp6.exe - Entry Point Not Found"

cont...

"The procedure entry point ?Right@nsString@@QBEIAAV1@H@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library xpcom.dll"

The only way to get rid of the error popup is to close Silktest. Once Silktest is closed and you click <OK> on the error, it disappears. Netscape is unaffected by this; no freezing or crashing.

I'm using a brand new install of Silk and Netscape 6 (6.02). I've never been able to do anything successfully in Netscape 6 and this is one of the main reasons as to why we purchased the upgrade.

I contacted Segue about this matter and they've told me that Silktest does not support Netscape 6.02. I don't see how this can be true.

Please help.

Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Unable to Record Window Decs in Netscape 6

The topic 3 spots below "SilkTest 5.5 Service Pack 1..." mentioned about support on Internet Explorer 6 and no mention about Netscape 6. So, maybe the Segue person you talk to is right!

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.....excerpt from silktest 5.5 release notes:

Platforms and browsers
    SilkTest was successfully tested against applications running on the following:

Platforms
    Windows 98 Second Edition
    Windows NT 4.0 (Service Packs 5 and 6A)
    Windows 2000
    Windows ME
    Windows XP (beta support)
    Browsers
    Netscape Navigator 4.61 with the Virtual Object extension (VO)
    Netscape Navigator 4.73 with VO
    NETSCAPE NAVIGATOR 6.0 with the Document Object Module extension (DOM)
    Internet Explorer 4 (Service Pack 2) with VO
    IE 5.x with VO and DOM
    IE 6.0 with VO and DOM
    SilkTest 5.5 Service Pack 1 also supports applications developed in:

XML
    Visual Basic 6
    ActiveX
    Powerbuilder 6.x and 7 (no new object support after 6.0)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since the release of Netscape 6.0, there have been releases of 6.01 and 6.02.

I've looked on Netscape's web site for previous Netscape 6 versions, and there are none. The only download option is Netscape 6.02.

Why would Silktest put forth such an effort in building support for this browser (Netscape 6 DOM)only to see their support break with a new minor enhancements build from Netscape??

So does the "Netscape 6 DOM" extension ONLY support Netscape 6.0 and not 6.01 and 6.02?

Still confused,

geliopou

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by geliopou:
    Since the release of Netscape 6.0, there have been releases of 6.01 and 6.02.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's been my understanding that SilkTest currently supports Netscape 6.00 only.

Unfortunately, the "previous versions" section on Netscape's site doesn't seem to have 6.00 anywhere, only 4.7 and before. You might be able to find 6.0 somewhere else, though. Unfortunately, a Google search of "netscape 6.0" and "download" gets over 8,000 sites.

Dunno what's so different about 6.02 that SilkTest wouldn't work with it, but I imagine that it's some change in Netscape that's causing the problem. New insertion point for the DOM API, perhaps?

- Dave

------------------
    Amelior Technology
    dreed@ameliortech.com
    WaltzingRhino.com
    A concerned Borland customer, a fly in the ointment, a wrench in the works.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Dave.

Segue was able to send me a link to a Netscape FTP site that does indeed have prior Netscape 6 versions.

I plan on installing later today.