User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problems With Using SetTrap ()

Hi All,

I'm trying to capture a message box that appears half way through a test case. This message box is an error message. I'm trying to use SetTrap, and for some reason it fails to capture it. Am I doing something wrong?

I tried both these, and it still didn't work:

1. DialogBox("~ActiveApp/[DialogBox]$MessageBox*").SetTrap("OK", 1, "**** Error - Incorrect Message Box Appeared")

2. MessageBox.SetTrap("OK")

------------------
    Who Tests The Tester...
    Who Tests The Tester...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Problems With Using SetTrap ()

It is quite hard to gather what you actually want to do with the message. The first thing to do is check that the window is actually called MessageBox. You can do this with the Window Identifiers recorder.

What I would do is check for the existance of the message box using the Exists () method. In my experience this is more robust than SetTrap and getting the same functionality as SetTrap can be done is a couple of lines:

if MessageBox.Exists (5)
    MessageBox.OK.Click()

By using this method you can have the script wait around to see if the window appears whereas SetTrap requires that the trap be in existance BEFORE the window is initialised.

Hope this helps,

Paul

------------------
    Paul Tucker
    Merit AT
    www.merit-at.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Problems With Using SetTrap ()

An easy test to do for you.

do:

while(0==0)
    DialogBox("~ActiveApp/[DialogBox]$MessageBox*").SetTrap("OK", 1, "**** Error - Incorrect Message Box Appeared")

now: manually invoke this window and see what happens. This function has to be very timely. From help:

If any condition you are better off to use other means to close a window(or dialogbox, message box)

------------------