SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Running consecutive test plans, pro/cons. Cause Internal Error.

I run many test plans one after another in a loop from Perl using command lines.

There is one case(might be more) where it can't start the following test plan, because of an "iternal error AppID"..not found or responding(forgot which one). After the failure I see 2 browsers. One which obviously is from the previous test plan and the other is at the beginning of the script of the second test plan.

Any idea solution, idea, comments, or suggestions?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Running consecutive test plans, pro/cons. Cause Internal Error.

I've seen this happen with Netscrape before when the memory leaks in Navigator become too much and the browser just hangs. SilkTest can't get the existing one to work, so it tries to launch a new one, which it does successfully. However, then it tries to close the old one, which is still not responding, so...DOA.

Might want to modify/write a TestPlanExit that kills the browser. Or, what I did once, was keep a counter in an external file and after every twenty or thirty testcases kill the browser. The next testcase will restart it.

- Dave

------------------
    Amelior Technology
    dreed@ameliortech.com
    WaltzingRhino.com
    A concerned Borland customer, a fly in the ointment, a wrench in the works.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Running consecutive test plans, pro/cons. Cause Internal Error.

I had the same problem and i did get around it by killing the browser, and restarting it after each testcase using a TestCaseExit() function.

Hope this helps

------------------