SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best place to handle in page web site error messages?

I am using Silk 5.x to test a web application which provides it's own version of the "This page can't be displayed" error message. I want to set up my test frame so that it will figure out that I've reached that page, log the error, and move on with subsequent tests.
    I've thought about re-writing TestCaseExit(), but I'm not sure that's the right place.
    Suggestions?
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Best place to handle in page web site error messages?

I write my scripts within a do ...except loop so that when an error is encountered the script jumps to the except statement where I can look for known errors and then continues on thru my script.

MikeF

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I ended up trying:
    - decided that if the test case reached a 404, it's history anyway, so let it fail,
    - modified TestCaseExit() to recognize if this error message page is around, and print to the log file that this up.

I'm now struggling with the fact that once SilkTest gets out of your script, and into TestCaseExit(), it doesn't seems to keep the window in the AUT active. And I can't seem to find out which window IS in the browser. Browser.GetActive() just returns BrowserPage, so that's useless.
    Segue support suggested GetNextCloseWindow() but that didn't help either.
    Any suggestions out there?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I echo the initial reply by Mike. I handle everything with a do/except. It gives me complete control of what happens to the script.

------------------