SPONSORS:

User Tag List

How can I map CustomWin to some other objects ?

How can I map CustomWin to some other objects ?

I am recording windows declarations, It's recording CustomWin to the button all the time ?

Any help will be appreated.

Thanks

------------------
    California.
    Shafi@Pixion.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: How can I map CustomWin to some other objects ?

Same thing as in your previous post.
    The SilkTest Online Help will have the answer to your question.
    We can explain it to you here but, since you are in the process of learning how to use SilkTest, I thought it would be better to refer you to the Online Help or documentation so you not only get your answer in details but also familiarize yourself on where to find things (next time).

------------------

Where can I find help, on silk online.
    Why don't u explain it in 2-3 lines, U R guru and guide lot better than online, right?

Shafi.

------------------
    California.
    Shafi@Pixion.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shafi,

Gilbert is wise to suggest that you become very familiar with Silk Help. I use it every day. In the help look up "options" and choose "class map" from the subtopics.

To answer your question, on the main menu choose Options\Class Map... The class map dialog will appear. In the dialog you can enter the name of the custom class and choose a class to map it to. In my optionset I have a few classes mapped to 'ignore' so that silk will not see them at all.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Shafi,

If your question is something like you're having trouble with your test scripts and the answer is not quite available in the Online Help, we won't be referring to the Online Help. Since your question is pretty basic and that the correct answer is covered in the Online Help, I thought it should be easy for you to find it there. (i guess i'm wrong again)

To make you happy, here's your 2-3 lines:
    - record window declaration
    - highlight the CustomWin from the list
    - click on the Class Map... button

Note: you can be a Guru too automatically! all you have to do is post, i think, 300 topics here and there you go! it has nothing to do with how much you know about the tools.
    Add a few more topics then you become Advanced Guru!

------------------