SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Any body need job in my company, California ?

We have 2 opening in my group, for silk expert, salary about $75-80 K, Please responce to shafi@pixion.com

shafi.

------------------
    California.
    Shafi@Pixion.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Any body need job in my company, California ?

According to the QAForums.com FAQS, you are not supposed to be posting Jobs here.
    Please consider using www.qajobs.net instead.

I expect that the forum moderators will remove this thread.

------------------
    - Joe (strazzerj@aol.com)
    Joe Strazzere
    Visit my website: AllThingsQuality.com to learn more about quality, testing, and QA!

I am sorry, It's my bad, I posted it and would like to remove it. I opologies, Sorry again.

Shafi.

------------------
    California.
    Shafi@Pixion.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joe,

While I agree that this is not the place for such things, neither is qajobs. That forum is weak and outdated. There are jobs there that have been filled for months. There is no dating system, so you can't tell what's what. I find it completely unhelpful. There really needs to be some work done there, or there needs to be an interactive forum such as this where such things can be posted.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This website is a really important job resource for all of us SilkTesters.

In fact, I got my current job from QAJobs a year and a half ago. (The economy may send me back to it soon :-)

BUT -- I really dislike the QAJobs format that got introduced in June or July.
    The old format was troublesome, but this one is worse.

I think what is most disconcerting is that there is no longer a "posted date" -- just an "expiration date" that is relatively meaningless.

Can we get it like it used to be? AJ ?

------------------
    Rob Kapteyn
    Rob Kapteyn, CSTE
    RobKapteyn@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gee, in this market, post your openings where ever you please. Kudos to California for passing along the openings.

The thing about the QAJobs for me is that it really hasn't picked up steam. And that's not because of the market. It's just not a popular place to find or post jobs. No way to fix that I suppose. Also, I agree that the previous format was better.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BrianCarroll:
    Gee, in this market, post your openings where ever you please. Kudos to California for passing along the openings.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brian,
    When you build your own site, you are free to invite people to post whatever they please.

I won't argue that QAJobs.net is terrific or better than the previous version. But, just because you don't like QAJobs, doesn't let you ignore the QAForums rules.

Since this site is not owned by you or me, I suggest folks need to follow the rules, or risk being tossed out.

------------------
    - Joe (strazzerj@aol.com)

[This message has been edited by jstrazzere (edited 11-03-2001).]
    Joe Strazzere
    Visit my website: AllThingsQuality.com to learn more about quality, testing, and QA!

Deep in the Coast Range Mountains of Oregon, USA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Kudos to California for passing along the openings.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not only are these openings not posted on QAJobs, they aren't posted on the company web site that California "represents". An email request to California for more detailed information on these openings and the appropriate contacts in HR resulted in a request for my resume and a phone number, which turned out to be an answering machine at someone's home.

Until I see a posting on the company web site for these positions (there are postings for other non-engineering related positions), or until California can refer me to a bonafide contact in HR, I'm not about to email my resume to someone who may not have the authority to represent this company.

------------------
    Tony Mrozinski
    Sr. Software Test Automation Engineer
    Sr. Software Test Automation Architect

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jstrazzere:

I won't argue that QAJobs.net is terrific or better than the previous version. But, just because you don't like QAJobs, doesn't let you ignore the QAForums rules.

Since this site is not owned by you or me, I suggest folks need to follow the rules, or risk being tossed out.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The reason I responded to this post originally is because I felt California(Shafi) was trying to be helpful and that was sort of overlooked. His intentions were good and he's new to the board, cut him some slack.

[This message has been edited by BrianCarroll (edited 11-05-2001).]

AJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, I am really working on updating the QAJobs site with yet another new version. The flaw is I left Perl for PHP and I really hate PHP now because it's so limiting!!

I'm going back to Perl with a new and better QAJobs.net site which I promise will be active sometime in January. The site is sort of ready now, but I'm concentrating on QATraining.net since all the other sites are free and QATraining is a revenue generator.

(growing broke here)

When enough people signup for training, then I can concentrate back on QAJobs. (So pass the word on, for QATraining.net)

------------------
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.