Thread: 4Test Language

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4Test Language

Hi Guys -

I am trying to track down some documentation on the 4 Test Language. Right now, it appears as those Segue does not even produce a hard-copy reference manual for this language.

Any ideas/hints/suggestions as to where one might find reference material?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 4Test Language

Yeah, they stopped doing the hard copies of the language reference because the language changes so frequently and they were ending up pulping old copies a lot of the time.

I know it's 800+ pages, but I print out the .PDF and put it into a binder. Convenient as it means it's easier for me to insert the functions and classes and such that I write into the proper place in the manual.

Got any friends who work at Kinko's? Or a good fast printer that does double-sided printing?

- Dave

------------------
    Amelior Technology
    dreed@ameliortech.com
    WaltzingRhino.com
    A concerned Borland customer, a fly in the ointment, a wrench in the works.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually -- you CAN get the reference manual. I asked Segue for some manuals for our new people a couple of months ago.

They came back to me saying that their printed manual is for version 5.0 and they wanted $100 per copy.

I learned a LOT about SilkTest by just leafing through the manual. I really recommend that you either print it or buy it.

------------------
    Rob Kapteyn
    Rob Kapteyn, CSTE
    RobKapteyn@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just to counter a point made previously, the language DOES NOT change frequently. fear not, if you had scripts written 5 years ago they would run today.

I think Segue is just trying to cut some costs. I find the silktest help contains everything that the language reference does and it's easier to search of course.

additional note: it is possible to annotate Silk's help and even add your own methods to the library browser, which is an alternative to the the standard silktest help feature.

------------------

[This message has been edited by BrianCarroll (edited 10-26-2001).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BrianCarroll:
    just to counter a point made previously, the language DOES NOT change frequently. fear not, if you had scripts written 5 years ago they would run today.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

True...the language hasn't changed in years, but the manual does as they are constantly adding new functions, methods and classes to support new things coming out in each release and hotfix for that matter.

------------------
    James Soderborg
    http://www.ameliortech.com
    jamesso@ameliortech.com