User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Calling a python script from SilkTest

hi
    I need to call a pyhton script from within my SilkTest script, to send back some result information. Does anyone have any idea how to go about this ?

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Calling a python script from SilkTest

You should be able to make a SysExecute () call to execute the script. I don't think there is a way to pass information directly back to Silk, but you can have the Python script write it's output to a text file. Silk can then parse the file for whatever output you need.

I have never tried it, but you may also be able to invoke a command window and run the script on the command line (driven by Silk of course). You should be able to capture the output from the command window once the script has completed. This is probably a bit trickier, but it may work.

------------------
    Atlee
    Atlee

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SYS_Execute has an optional parameter lsOutput that will capture any information written to stdout.

So, if your python script is writing its results to stdout this will be all you need.

If not, then you could execute this via a command prompt and use >> to put all output to a file. Then you can use the SilkTest file commands to read the file.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi
    Thanks for all the help.
    I got around this by getting SilkTest to call telnet and get into my Unix machine from there. I can then call the script using the TypeKeys methid. It's not very elegant but it works.

------------------