User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nested HtmlTable problems

I'm testing a BrowserPage that has a very wide table (23 columns). Each cell in the last column contains a table, 5 columns by 3 rows, all checkboxes.

When I record the window declaration, Silk doesn't 'see' the last column as an Htmlcolumn. Instead, it shows the entries as a series of checkboxes, at the same level as the original/outside table. This would be okay if there was only ever 1 row in the table (of course, then we wouldn't need a table!)...

Has anyone else had problems with nested tables?? Any known workarounds??

Thanks in advance...
    Anne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: nested HtmlTable problems

Yes,

I had problems, and actually still have problems with HTMLTables... Ive reported the problem to segue software, they have recognized it as a bug, could reproduce the problem there, but still no answer from them.... It was 5 months ago....

The problem happenned when I got a Html Column with a row with string (Htmltext, or htmllink) that was not long enough (its not an exact science, but something around 30 chars). If it happens in first row of the table, my correct declaration was lost...( didnt reconginized the last column, recognized as two tables, all sort of things..)

Workarounds???,
    1- save the the page of the site in your hd and manually modified the table, in order to the 1st column be long enough...Very handy if the the table big.. (my case more than 200 lines)... Some minors modifications in the testcase where also necessary...

2- If the misrecognition seems to have always the same behavior, record the "wrong" declaration, and create a special testcase to handle it.

I know it is not exactly your case, but just to let you know that u are not alone, and hope u can reuse some of the ideas....

Mauro

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did find a workaround that works in some, but not all cases when using tables. So, it may or may not work for you.

In the HTML code (yes, you have to change the code), put a space after the TD tag:

I don't know why this helps, but Silk is seeing the right things when this is done.

------------------
    David Genrich
    Icarian
    333 Moffett Park Drive
    Sunnyvale, CA 94089
    davidg@icarian.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any word as to when this "bug" is going to get fixed? I've encountered it all over the place on our sites. It seems to me that what is happening is that Silk is interpretting all non-text controls as table divisions.

So if you have a bunch of buttons down the center, or some cute graphics next to some of the text, all of a sudden you have two, three, sometimes up to twenty tables instead of one.

When the appearance of graphics and the size of the table is dynamically linked to the database this becomes impossible to create a workaround using any kind of declaration or html code modification.

Anyone got any other ideas on this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive received an answer from Segue today, that this (htmltables misrecognition)will be fixed in Silk 5.0.2

I havent tested it yet, cause the Browser options I need to set are not support by the version Im using Silk 5.0

Anyway, version 5.0.2 is not available at Segue site...

Does anybody knows when it will be available...?

Once I can verify, I ll make another post...

Rgds,

Mauro

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is good that Segue atleast realizes that there is a problem when handling HTML tables. In our application, we have all pages formatted using nested HTML tables and we have a miserable time with Silk. But we couldn't really find a pattern on how Silk fails. Awaiting 5.0.2.

Sam

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I notice one thing about HtmlTable. If I resize the table just make sure that each text in a cell is fited perfectly, Silktest will see all as a HtmlTable.

Any body has the same experience?

-Michael Hwee-

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you mean Resize the Browser, so the Table can fit better in the page
    Yes..
    Thats one of the workarounds you can do....
    But, it didn't solve all my problems, the misrecognition still remains in lots of cases....

Well, Now I've just switched to Silk 5.0.2 to verify if the HtmlTable behavior was better, but it was not...
    Some HTMLLinks in my table are recognized as independent Links, and the case where it sees several tables instead of only one, happens more often...

This happens if you use Silk the way it is.

But if you set this BrowserOptions:

This will make Silk not sees any Table at all, and all the objects in it, as indepent object.

Particularly this solution does not help me, but might interest to somebody.
    By now, Im keeping Version 5.0

Rgds,
    Mauro Almeida

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where can I set these options so that I need not run them everytime I start Silk?

Thanks

Sam

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mauro Almeida:

But if you set this BrowserOptions:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am having troubles with tables in 5.0.2 with one table appearing as many tables to Silk. I tried setting these options but I get an error about the call not returning anything. Any ideas as to how to handle these types of HTMLTable problems?

Thanks
    Kevin Gehrke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast