User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Collapse All/Save All

To all cvs users out there:
    To make 'cvs diff' useful I always commit files fully collapsed.
    This way you always get actual changes, not expansions or collapses of branches etc.
    Many times I have a whole bunch of files open and I suddenly have to commit (not a random urge, normally a sys-admin standing behind me with a hammer)
    What I want is a quick way to collapse all files and save them.
    There isn't even a short cut key for 'Collapse All' which only works on a file by file basis anyway(probably some sort of nannyish safeguard)
    Any ideas...?
    And by the way, there seems to be only one level of undo...? Surely I'm dreaming...?

------------------
    Tempus fugit, Carpe Diem, et al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Collapse All/Save All

In the Download section, there is a utility created by another user to do a collapse all accross all files in a directory. Look for "Silk Implode Utility".

What it basically does is looks for a [-] and replaces it with a [+].

I have not tried this utility, have gotten into the habit of doing a Collapse All before saving. However, the utility does sound like a good idea.

One thing I was thinking that might be an issue with the utility: in cvs or any other cm tool, most of your files will be read-only. Only the files you have checked out will be writable. Thus, when the utility tries to do a replace on the read-only file, will it gracefully exit the file, or crash? You'll have to test it out to see. If it doesn't handle it, I guess you could change the utility to check if the file is writable and only modify those files.

Good luck

------------------
    David Genrich
    david.genrich@e2open.com
    david@linuxpuppy.net