mlj
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Add/Remove Dialog windows 2000

Hi All,
    We are currently trying to switch our automated install from Nt4.0 to Windows 2000 and we are running across an issue with the Add/Remove dialog Box. Record Declarations shows a DialogBox with a cutomwin inside- but none of the controls are visible. I have tried LookUnder and Ignore, to no avail.
    Has anyone played with this yet? Any suggestions??
    Thanks,
    mlj

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Add/Remove Dialog windows 2000

I avoid that dialog when doing my uninstalls. I go to the registry to get the uninstall path for my app and call SYS_Execute() with that path. This will bring up uninstall sheild for my app.

Use SYS_GetRegistryValue() to retrieve the path from the registry...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Uninstall\"AppName"

I'm wondering if it's OK to take this shortcut or not (I suspect it is OK). You may want to ask your developers if there is any code that would not be tested by avoiding that dialog.

------------------

mlj
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Add/Remove Dialog windows 2000

Thanks Brian,
    I guess considering the issue, your suggestion is a completely viable workaround.
    Maybe someday we'll be able to see the dialog objects

------------------