SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recorder recognizing 2 items as the same?

Hi,

I am new to SilkTest and I am using version 5.0.3.1. Using IE 5.0 browser, I am testing something similar to the code below, which is part of a clickable menu:

(tags edited so they show-up OK)

{div {a class=cat onclick=blocking(0) href='#' title='Cat Title. Click to open/close list.'}Items{/a}{/div}{div id='number0'}{a id=l_0 class=conn onclick=showThis(1) href='#' title='First'}First{/a}{br}{a id=l_1 class=conn onclick=showThis(2) href='#' title='Second'}Second{/a}{br}{/div}

I would like SilkTest to click each item and do some other work, but the recorder always identifies "First" and "Second" as the same item, for example when I click them, they will both be:

BrowserPage.BrowserChild("Items").HtmlLink("First Second|#2|$http:??computername?pagename?toc.a[2]").Click ()

Is there a way that the HtmlLink object can refer to either the name or the id?

Thanks for your help,
    Darrell

[This message has been edited by chaingunsofdoom (edited 10-22-2001).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Recorder recognizing 2 items as the same?

Hi,

The code in that message didn't appear correctly... hopefully it is somewhat readable now. :-)

Darrell