User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

silktest - more than one base state

Hi
    I'm new to Silktest so I am still finding my way around the application. I hope someone can help me with this question ...
    I'm testing a web application. The first screen is a login screen. This is my default base state. This is ok for testing the login entries, but for all other tests I want my base state to be the window after the login window :- how do I define a new default base state for the 2nd set of tests ?

Thanks

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: silktest - more than one base state

What you're doing is actually kinda common. There are a couple of ways to hand it.

There's a white paper about handling this here.

What you can also do is leave your login page as the DefaultBaseState, but write a BaseState method for that page that logs you into your application. DefaultBaseState will automatically run that method at the end of itself, so it should handle all of your testcases that need to login.

- Dave

------------------
    Amelior Technology
    dreed@ameliortech.com
    WaltzingRhino.com
    A concerned Borland customer, a fly in the ointment, a wrench in the works.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: silktest - more than one base state

Thanks
    I've got it working now.

------------------