User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Script on different monitor and diffrenet resolution Resolution

Hi,
    I am automizing highly complex engineering application.I have to work with lot of coordinate specific actions.
    My script works perfectly OK on my system.But When I tried the same script on diffrenet machine and diffrenet motinter size and resolution it doesn't select the object at coordinates on the script but clicks at diffrenet place.Please suggest how can I solve this problem.

------------------
    yes
    yes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Script on different monitor and diffrenet resolution Resolution

One approach is to have your script automatically setup the enviroment that it is running under. That is, have it setup the screen resolution and anything else, if those do not meet the spec needed for the testcase.

------------------
    David Genrich
    david@e2Open.com
    david_kim@usa.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When clicking on cords, make sure that you use the object cords and not screen cords. Second, check to see how many colors are set on each system. I have had more problems with the number of colors being differne then the actual resolution. The other thing to try is to get the resolution of the test system, and calculate the cords to be clicked.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tlvranas:
    When clicking on cords, make sure that you use the object cords and not screen cords. Second, check to see how many colors are set on each system. I have had more problems with the number of colors being differne then the actual resolution. The other thing to try is to get the resolution of the test system, and calculate the cords to be clicked.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Buddy... Iwould apprititae if you can explain me in more details like..what function to be used etc...

------------------
    yes
    yes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tlvranas is exactly correct. Get the coordinates of the object by using the RECT method. Once you know the rectangle coordinates you can use those to click on coordinates relative to the x/y of that specific object rather than relative to the screen. If you have this in place, screen resolution does not matter.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...what if SilkTest can't see the objects within the window, but only the main window itself?

You rely on co-ords (relative to the window) to click on objects which can't be identified. This is the case with our VisFoxPro app.

[This message has been edited by Beeblemaster (edited 10-23-2001).]