SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Treeview.GetContents() problem in 5.5 HF3 ?

NOTE: This worked just fine on the EXACT same version of the AUT under 5.0.3.x. I simply upgraded to 5.5 and hit this mess!

I have a treeview that is returning what appears to be the item INDEX prepended to the LABEL when there are > 9 nodes 3 levels into the treeview.

That is:

/TestDimension
    /TestDimension/TestElement
    /TestDimension/TestElement/1996
    /TestDimension/TestElement/1996/April
    < intervening items deleted for brevity >
    /TestDimension/TestElement/1996/10#November
    /TestDimension/TestElement/1996/11#October
    /TestDimension/TestElement/1996/12#September

Again -- to be clear -- the number only appears beginning at item #10, and so far only when I'm in the third level (or at the 4th depending on how you think about these things).

The problem is, it messes up just about everything! I can't select "November" in the above example, I have to select "10#November". I also can't do GetContents() for a verification, nor can I call VerifyContents() as it sees the same thing.

Thoughts?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Brent Rolland (edited 10-19-2001).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Treeview.GetContents() problem in 5.5 HF3 ?

Well, I've got good news and I've got bad news.

The bad news is that, yes, it's happening here, so it's not gremlins in your machine.

The good news is that your problem isn't as bad as mine as I'm getting the #1, #2, etc. crap on every level, every item.

The additional good news is that maybe this is fixed in HotFix4 that's on Segue's web site. It's not mentioned in the read me.

- Dave

------------------
    Amelior Technology
    dreed@ameliortech.com
    WaltzingRhino.com
    A concerned Borland customer, a fly in the ointment, a wrench in the works.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That did it! HotFix4 took care of this problem. Haven't seen any new ones yet <grin>, but ya' never know.

Shoulda' just tried it in the first place -- even though, as you point out, it didn't say anything about this in the release note ...

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brent,
    I tried posting an update about this the other day but was having issues with this site.

I had a correction to make. GetContents () sees what you're seeing (the # things after item 9 at the third/fourt level). However, I was able to use the select method without putting the # thing in there and SilkTest still selected the item.

So even though GetContents was returning funky things (e.g. ".../10#MyFolder", I could do a Select with just MyFolder.

Glad to hear that HotFix4 corrects it. You should send a note to Segue to have them update their readme. Wanna bet it was "fixed" by accident which is why it's not in the readme? Now I just need the time to download the hotfix that's larger than downloading the whole application.

- Dave

------------------
    Amelior Technology
    dreed@ameliortech.com
    WaltzingRhino.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting ... I was definitely getting failures in both. GetContents() was hosing the verifications, and Select() was causing it to not "expand" some levels.

In any case, yeah, I'm sending a note off to Segue this morning as I think this is worth adding to their release note!

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brent Rolland:
    ...and Select() was causing it to not "expand" some levels.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, that may be why we were getting different results. I was just doing a quick Select bit of code and the TreeView was already expanded to the level I needed.

I just tried Expand with the weird # things, and that certainly doesn't work. So it seems that Expand is hosed by those while Select (at least here) seems to work.

I guess it's time to write a new TreeView class until I apply that new patch.

- Dave

------------------
    Amelior Technology
    dreed@ameliortech.com
    WaltzingRhino.com