SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else seen this problem with Java?

Has anyone else seen this problem when dealing with SilkTest 5.5 and a standalone java app?

When using record window delcarations it takes a REALLY long time before it shows me any of my java swing objects in the declaration window. All other windows (non-java) work fine but for some reason when I pull up this java dialog the window declaration window takes actual MINUTES before it refreshes with the correct java controls listed. This is on a win2000 server machine and have not yet tried it on another o.s.

Just wondering if others have experienced this and know of a possible solution. Segue has not been much help on this thus far. Thanks.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Anyone else seen this problem with Java?

See if there are any other applications running like java.exe, javaw.exe or the application you added to the extension enabler. Every application running as java should have the classpath modified otherwise silk tries (and fails) to talk to them

Tony

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have any suggestions, but yes, I have seen this on many occasions. I have my environment set up correctly.

Usually this happens after I have invoked the recorder and viewed the window declarations for several pages. It seems to get 'confused' and then it takes forever to come up. I usually bring Silk down and back up and sometimes it helps. I haven't found any real pattern to when this happens, but lucky for me it is only occasionally and not all the time.

Atlee

------------------
    Atlee
    Atlee

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another source of problem could be the Hot Fixes 1, 2, and 3. I read a lot of messages from users that Silk 5.5 runs a lot slower with fixes. So unless they fix something that you use/need, do not install them.

------------------
    -Lev Aks
    lev_aks@in-nyc.com