SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using the \"*\" wildcard character with verifications

I opened up a verification statement and modified the Content to be checked string for a listbox (in my web app). The item listed is named by the user but the system applies a time stamp to it. I deleted all but the given name for the item and appended the "*" to it. (ex: "foobar (10/16/01)10:34:42" to "foobar*")

However the testcase script statements prior to the verification has the complete text including the date.

Am I approaching this correctly or am I misinterpreting the use of the wlid card? Of do I also have to wildcard the previouse script statements.

------------------
    Steven E. Price
    Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
    Virtual Access Networks
    (978) 722 - 7122
    Steven E. Price
    Virtual Access Networks
    (978) 722 - 7122

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Using the \"*\" wildcard character with verifications

Well, I tried my latter sugestion by using the wildcard in the sript prior to the verification but I get a failure in the results viewer indicating that the actual value still has the date appended even thought specify the wildcard.

I still want to know how to correctly implement the wildcard but this problem looks to be more of stripping off the date of the actual data.

------------------
    Steven E. Price
    Virtual Access Networks
    (978) 722 - 7122
    Steven E. Price
    Virtual Access Networks
    (978) 722 - 7122

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately, the Verify statement doesn't understand wildcards. In fact, the only function in SilkTest that does (to the best of my recollection) is MatchStr. As such, here's the verification function you need to write (or copy from here)

I hope this helps.

- Dave

------------------
    Amelior Technology
    dreed@ameliortech.com
    WaltzingRhino.com
    A concerned Borland customer, a fly in the ointment, a wrench in the works.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FYI...

This seems to be the best way I figureout for now. I can in fact still use the string wild card in conjunction with the listbox.FindItem method.

My other thought was to load all items into an array list but then I suppose I may have run into the same wildcard/masking issues. I don't know.

iIndex = TheVanLoadingDock.TheVanV22OnEASTWOOD5.FromHereYou CanLoadANewV.SelectAVan2.FindItem ("qavan*")

if (iIndex > 0) TheVanLoadingDock.TheVanV22OnEASTWOOD5.FromHereYou CanLoadANewV.SelectAVan2.Select (iIndex)
    else
    ExceptLog()

------------------
    Steven E. Price
    Virtual Access Networks
    (978) 722 - 7122
    Steven E. Price
    Virtual Access Networks
    (978) 722 - 7122