SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HtmlImage is not found after a table

The script comprises filling in fields, selecting items from combo boxes and submitting the entries. The AUT is a web application. The page where the test is conducted consist of frames, text, hyperlinks, text fields, drop-down lists, images (some of which are used as buttons) and a table (CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="0" WIDTH="95%").
    The test condition of the test script is to verify the required fields in the page/form.
    So the logical steps are:
    1. Load the page
    2. Click the Submit button.
    3. Then check if a message box is displayed to indicate that a field must be filled in first before submitting the page.

The problem is that SilkTest cannot seem to recognize or find the HtmlImage in the page.

The step where it fails is at this code:
    [ ] BrowserChild("#1").BrowserChild("#2").BrowserChild ("#2").HtmlImage("#15").Click() // Click the Continue button

The error message is:
    [ ] *** Error: Window '[HtmlImage]#15' was not found

I am using SilkTest version 5.5 with all 3 hotfixes applied to it.

One of the things I can tell you is that the image is at the bottom of the page on the right frame and is after the table.

[This message has been edited by sheyenne (edited 10-09-2001).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: HtmlImage is not found after a table

Are you using DOM or VO? If DOM, what do you have your Boarderless Table option set to?

I have had the same problem when needing to click on anything below a borderless table. The problem was that my borderless table option was set to high (at 0.9). However, to properly recognize other objects, I need it set high.

Here is the workaround I found, which might work for you.

------------------
    David Genrich
    david@e2Open.com
    david_kim@usa.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

davidgenrich is correct, but just beware I use this all the time but one day I found out why my HtmlPopupList start to crash or freeze on me.

This function was the cause of it:
    this.SetUserOption ("ShowBorderlessTables",x,USEROPT_DEFAULT)

Now I just try to avoid this function or reload the page after I finish using it and before I use a HtmlPopupList.

Just be careful.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you guys for all your responses.
    I have been thinking and observing the behavior of SilkTest in my test and realized that it is really the HtmlPopList field that is causing problems (as opposed to the table or border of table).

I think this is what happens... when the page it is testing is loaded, the first field in the page is a drop-down list (combo box in Windows term) somehow for some reason, the focus is stuck in this field. So that when the next line of code is to be executed, in my case, click an HtmlImage, it doesn't recognize it. I tried to use a SetFocus on a different field before the Click() event to no avail.

I have to admit, the way SilkTest behaves towards HtmlPopupLists is just causing me so much problems. (Even after applying patches, up to hotfix 3 on version 5.5)

If anyone has encountered similar situations or have some suggestions, I very much welcome it.

Using IE5 VO BTW.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alas! For anyone that will encounter this problem... the workaround for me is to add a BrowserPage.SetActive() code after any HtmlPopupList event.

------------------