SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Common SilkTest Test Cases?

I'd like to get some tips on common test cases to automate using SilkTest. My company's website is mostly just content presentation. No e-commerce. Not many forms involved. So it's a matter of ensuring that the correct page is displayed for each link the user clicks on. How can I best utilize the features of SilkTest on a website that is almost pure content presentation? I'm thinking of just crawling manually through each page our site and having SilkTest verify that the correct URL is returned for each link. Some of you may say why not use a link checker for this? Well, I simply have not heard of a good one out there. Segue's Surf was terrible. SilkTest can actually VERIFY that the correct URL is returned, can't it??
    Please let me know otherwise.

Thanks
    Steve

AJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Common SilkTest Test Cases?

There are no "common" testcases for SilkTest.

You can try downloading Terry's SilkTest framework on our downloads section. There you will find many helpful functions for SilkTest.

Also our Segue resources page is packed with such functions that will enable you to do your testcase generation much easier.

I also recommend taking a SilkTest class. There's an affiliate of ours offerring an excellent SilkTest class in Los Altos (not too far from you) in 12/7 through 12/9. Go to LogiGear.com for details. The class is taught by John Green of Automation Expertise, he's a very senior Segue consultant.

Good luck!

------------------
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.
    AJ Alhait
    BetaSoft Inc.