| || |
User Niranjan Khare (email@example.com) posted:
I am completely new to testing java with Silk. I have IE5.5 and JDK
JavaTM 2 SDK, Standard Edition
Can somebody send me step by step instructions to setup java support in Silk? I have lots of queries like:
1. I have SilkTest 5.3.02 and IE 5.5 and I use VO mode.should it work or do I need DOM
3. If I have JDK installed, do I still need to set the CLASSPATH to the Silk Jar File?
Can somebody point me to a simple enough webpage or something ON which I can try out this stuff?
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
// The Persistent Bugger
That said, on to your questions.
1. I prefer DOM mode, it is much more realiable when testing web applications. However, you should have Hot Fix 3 (5.3.03).
2. Many of the complaints with IE 5.5 is that Silk 5.0.3 doesn't recognise all the objects. Since you are on Silk 5.3, there isn't an issue.
3. Yes, you still need the Silk Jar file. This is in addition to the JDK information in your CLASSPATH.
5. To learn how to use Silk for Java testing, including how to setup your CLASSPATH, go into SilkTest, Help Menu, select Tutorial, pick Java Tutorials. You'll need to ask youir development team if you are using Java AWT or Swing. There is a tutorial for both. If you want, walk through each of these.
I just spent some time with the help desk since I was having trouble recognizing Java applets with v 5.0.32 using Netscape 4.77, and IE 5.5 with Java2 (JRE 1.3.1). What I was told is that:
With SilkTest 188.8.131.52: JDK 1.1 or 1.2 are supported. Netscape 4.7.2 and IE 5.0.1
It will work with Netscape 4.7.7, but it is not supported by Segue since it was not tested. Remember that 5.0.3.x has been out since before Netscape 4.77 and IE 5.5. Also, you may be able to use IE 5.5, but VO support is untested in 184.108.40.206, so you are on your own.
With SilkTest 5.5: IE 5.5 is supported and Java 1.3 , Any netscape version up to and including 6.0. DOM support is available on IE 5.x and Netscape 6.x.
[This message has been edited by janek (edited 10-09-2001).]