SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Window Identification problem

I am running some tests and windows are identified correctly on that machine. I tried to run the same tests with same extensions and everything on a different machine and none of the dialog boxes are identified, all I see are customwins and ThunderRT6xxx or ATLSYSxxx. Application is developed in vb.

extensions in both the places are enabled correctly, that is Extension enabler and extensions in silk session. all the classmapping data is also same as I am using the same option set.

Operating systems are both same NT 4 SP 6

[This message has been edited by jbarlinge (edited 10-05-2001).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Window Identification problem

Did you add the application in both the Options/Extensions dialog in SilkTest and in the Extension Enabler dialog on the machine in question?

------------------
    James Soderborg
    http://www.ameliortech.com
    jamesso@ameliortech.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does the other machine have a full SilkTest install or just the Agent? I have found (and reported to Segue) that controls are 'seen' differently when a system has the just the Agent install compared to the full install. (This was found in 5.0.3.2 and exists in 5.5 Hotfix 3.) To get around the problem we do a full install of Silk on the target system and only run the Agent.

------------------

Yes I did add the application in both options/extension as well as Extension enabler outside of slik.

and also I do have a full silk installation on that machioone and not only the agent.

------------------