User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IE 5.5 on Win2k is disabled when Silk 5.5 installed

All
    This one is odd. I have installed 6 floating silk 5.5 licences on win2k machines .. No problems employing the VO recognition.

However there is ONE guys station at work (win 2k) where as soon as the VO is enabled in IE, that the IE FAILS to work on that machine. You double click the app and it WILL NOT LAUNCH!! Disable VO and guess what .. it works .. like I said wierd!

I had this person try and work the issue with Segue, but they didn't get back to him.
    It's such a strange problem and I am wondering if anyone else may have run up against it. I know that I have to work the problem with Segue in parellel but if anyone can share a potential solution that would be great. Also to Segue's credit something this strange rarely happens, and lets face it there are about a million env mutations out there!

------------------
    "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!"
    Sincerely
    Richard Weth
    Sr. QA Engineer
    mailto:rick_weth@yahoo.com
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!
    Sincerely
    Richard Weth
    Sr. QA Engineer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: IE 5.5 on Win2k is disabled when Silk 5.5 installed

I have it working on a few Win2K machines without any problems. You're right, you've got a wierd one there.

------------------
    James Soderborg
    http://www.ameliortech.com
    jamesso@ameliortech.com