SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does SilkTest have a way to offer a PopUpList?

I need to know who ran a testcase and have the person identified in the results. I know who the candidates are, so I can construct a list, but I need to know how, at the beginning of a testcase, to offer the list to the tester so that he/she can select themself. The selection result will then be assigned to a STRING for printing. Does SilkTest have a way to offer a PopUpList and return the selection?

------------------
    Bob Strong
    robert.strong@kodak.com
    Robert W. Strong
    robert.strong@kodak.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Does SilkTest have a way to offer a PopUpList?

If you can't find the way to that PopupList option that you'd like, you just create a STRING variable like sTester in one of your global or common .inc file (use the PRINT command to print the tester's name) and show your testers how to change the value of this variable before they execute the tests.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Does SilkTest have a way to offer a PopUpList?

There's no built-in way of handling it. However, here's a solution that you may be able to use: you can download from the link below a function that can prompt users for input using an HTML page that's created on-the-fly.
    http://www.ameliortech.com/stuff/too...ST/st_misc.htm

I hope that helps.

- Dave

------------------
    Amelior Technology
    dreed@ameliortech.com
    WaltzingRhino.com
    A concerned Borland customer, a fly in the ointment, a wrench in the works.