SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HTML in Windows Application ...

We have HTML Text Boxes, HTML links inside our windows application. My questions are:
    1. Do we have to enable the extensions?
    I tried with and without enabling extensions and I am getting a custom win. Is there a trcik to get this kind of automation?

------------------
    SG
    SG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: HTML in Windows Application ...

Is your application an HTA? or just hosting WebBrowser control? If it is HTA, bad luck, Silktest55SP2 doesn't support it( As far as I know, no automations tool can handle it elegantly). If it is hosting WebBrowser control, Silktest has a extension called IE4OCX, this extension will grant you ability to automate your application at the same level of IE.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My application is not a HTA. We are hosting a webcontrol. Where can I find documentation and samples on IE4OCX extension.

Thanks

------------------
    SG
    SG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know the following is working in IE5 and IE55 system.

First goto extension enabler, click "New" button, then browse to your application(could be dll or exe). In primary extension popuplist, choose IE4Ocx. Done with the Extension enabler.

Do the same in Silktest->options->extension.

Record window decl, you should be able to see links.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was able to declare the window declarations and when I use the functions, silk hangs up. Have seen this before any suggestions?

------------------
    SG
    SG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First, which version of IE you have, if it is IE5.5 and your application has frames, please report to Segue customer service, various reasons can cause silktest (or your application..extension)hangs.If it is IE5, you might check whether the browser control is ready.

The ie4ocx extension is based on VO extension. It is quite difficult to tell what's the reason without seeing your application.

------------------