SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Using DLL\'s in test scripts

I'm facing a problem of using dll's in my test scripts. I have a dll and want to call the functions in the dll in my test scripts. How do I go about it?
    I would also appreciate if you let me know how to register the dll's created in VB and C++.

Thank in advance.
    Rahul

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Using DLL\'s in test scripts

It's been a while since I've done this, but basically what you need to do is declare the dll you wish to use and then prototype the functions. You might want to check out the Online User's Guide (it's in Chap. 24 in the SilkTest 5.0 version) for more specifics.

-Cynthia

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Cynthia,
    Thanks for the reply.
    I have gone through the users guide and I have been following the steps as mentioned as mentioned in the users guide i.e. declaring the dll and prototyping its functions etc.. A couple of times I got the error of the dll could not be loaded and then the funtion --- is not defined in the dll. The dll is created in C++ and has simple math functions and I'm using it in my other C++ program. Every time I run my scripts which calls the function defined in the dll I'm getting the second error.
    Kindly help.

Regards,
    Rahul
    rahul

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm. I'm not sure I can help you on this. The only thing that I noticed about loading dll's in 4Test was that the path to the dll had to be explicitly stated, i.e., you couldn't use a variable in the path.

As far as not being able to call the function, I don't know.

Sorry I'm not much help. If I think of something, I'll let you know.

-Cynthia

jb
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

C++ functions are decorated and cannot be called from SilkTest. You can call C functions or write a simple C-style DLL that calls the C++ DLL. You can then call the C-style DLL from within SilkTest. Have been bitten by this one before in case you can't tell. :-)